Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"All Children Smile in the Same Language"


Whenever I go to a certain neighborhood, I always notice one Public School Building with a quote painted onto the side of the building that says: "All Children Smile in the Same Language". For some reason I always thought of it as such a smart quote. I would imagine its used by the public school because they have all different types of children there, from different races and nationalities. So this teaches them to be accepting of each other cause at the end of the day they all have the same feelings and emotions, they laugh and smile the same way.

I think this is a very important lesson to teach children. In could include the different types of personalities children have, the cliques, or the family background the children are brought up in. Even though there are differences among them, they are all children and should treat each other nicely.

This could be taken to every day life as well, not just with children, but all kinds of groups of people. Its something to think about.

4 comments:

  1. hey that's something cool to think about. even within the family. sometimes you've got siblings that are so different from one another (we have that in my family) and i've babysat by ppl where i've seen that all the kids will pick on the sibling that is 'less cool' than they are. u gotta teach them to love e/o, starting with the sibs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good quote...I love that. We need that in our community. lol. Like "all frummies smile practicing the same Torah" or s/t like that... lol. (I'd need that on my ceiling so thats the first thing I see each morning; hehe)

    ReplyDelete

Now using inline comments, instead of the check box, Click the "Subscribe" link to receive follow up e-mails with comments.